The membership of OTAJ is divided into six categories:
- Practicing Registered O.T.s
- Practicing O.T. Assistants
- Associate members
- Non-practicing or Overseas residents
- Honorary members
- Student O.T. members
Membership application forms are available for download here.
General Meetings are held every eight weeks. All members are strongly encouraged to attend. Visitors are always welcome.
The Annual General Meeting is held each year in March.
MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS & SERVICES
- Facilitate networking between fellow professionals
- Access to Association Library
- Continuing education courses
- Provides oversight on issues of professional standards
- Professional support and advocacy
- Promote and publicize the development of Occupational Therapy
- Establish and maintain proficient standards in the practice of Occupational Therapy
- Establish and maintain ethics in the practice of the profession
- Promote and protect the economic and general welfare of Occupational Therapists
- Promotion of and lobbying for legislation such as shall be beneficial to the profession
- Represent Occupational Therapists and serve as a spokesman with allied professional, governmental and international groups and with the general public, in regard to matters relating to the objectives of the Association
- Raise funds through legal means to further the development of the profession